Friday, February 5, 2010

Glowing!

Today was my first trip to my OBGYN. Did an ultrasound, and I am definitely pregnant. Today I am 6 weeks and 4 days along, the due date is Sept. 27th. I have to share a couple of funny things about the visit.
First, after talking to the nurse she left the room so I could undress from the waist down. As I took off my shoes and went to put them under my chair, I noticed that I had put on two different tenni-shoes! Jeff wouldn't stop laughing and just had to share this with the nurse and doctor when they came back in. I thought to myself "How could I have done that? I'm not so far along that I can't see my feet?" Which I do remember dealing with that last month or so when I was pregnant with Alex!
Second, while the doctor was doing the ultra-sound, he had the baby (more like kidney bean shape with a small heart beat) in view, and was trying to measure it to get an estimate for how far along I was. As he was doing this, I heard him mumble to himself "Twins? No, that's not right." For a moment there I thought, "Don't tell me Jeff is right about that!" He's been saying for the past two weeks that it would be cool to have twins. And since my Dad is a twin, and somewhere there are twins in Jeff's family, it is possible. But I'm happy to say that there is only one baby in this belly!
It'll be a while yet before we know the sex. When I was pregnant with Alex I didn't find out till a couple months before he was born that he was a boy. I wanted it to be a surprise. But since Jeff knew, it started to nag at me and I had to know! So from that time we have a girl name that we both like: Ashlin Sariah. So any suggestions for boy name would be great! Girl names too if you wish.
At this point if it is a boy I have no idea what to do for a name. We just chose Alex (Alexander) because we like it. I think we both like the more traditional names, and not so many of these names nowadays that seem kinda made up. (No offense) And we chose Paul as Alex's middle name because that's Jeff's middle name. As for Ashlin Sariah, I had in recent years come to like the name Ashlin, because it was just a little different from the traditional Ashley. Jeff was the one who came up with Sariah and a middle name. It just seemed to fit so well, and liked that it was a name from the Book of Morman.
Everything else is going good. Jeff is busy with two jobs, school, and a calling as Scout Master. His Klondike (winter camp-out) is coming up so that will be a fun weekend for him. I'm just staying busy being a house wife and mom. Just last week I started giving piano lessons to a girl in my ward. Inside I'm doubting my abilities to teach, but I'm gonna stick with it. And next month we'll be celebrating Alex's 2nd birthday!
Well, I'm just rambling now, love you all and take care. We'll keep you all posted!
~Kelli

3 comments:

Kauer Family said...

Too funny about the doctors visit. You never know it could still be twins!!! That would just be so funny with Dad being a twin and his birthday is Sept 24th... Glad to hear things are going well! Sure love you and miss you guys!!!

Patricia said...

Thanks for the update - this is exciting (except for the AM sickness)! September is a good month - especially Sept. 21 :)

I bet you're a great piano teacher - and you'll fine tune your skills as you go on. That's what happens for any teacher.

Shelli said...

We are excited for you guys, I love the shoe story, that's hilarious. Ashlin is a beautiful name!