Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ward Chilli Feed

This last Friday our ward had a family activity: a Chilli Feed. They judged the chilli (I got the "Texas Hot Shot" award!) and had a western theme. They asked for everyone to dress in western attire. Jeff and I went all out! Western shirts, wrangler jeans, cowboy hats and boots. Alex had a cute button up shirt and overalls (thanks to my sis-in-law Jenn!) She gave a some cute boots too but he would not put them on. Every time I put shoes on him he curls his toes, and that didn't work well with the boots.

Also, last week Alex started walking! He's just about got it down now, but is still pretty slow. I'm still getting used to seeing him walk into a room instead of crawl.
This week is Jeff's spring break. A few weeks ago he requested time off at work and got it. He is so excited that he can stay up late if he needs to and be able to sleep in! (He works from 4am-8am mon-fri.) He will have a nice break, but I'm still gonna put him to work. We're going to try and re-do our bedroom closet. Right now it's just one shelf and one long rod (which Jeff's clothes take up more room than mine). Shoes galore all over the floor and hanging on the closet door (again mostly Jeff's), and lots of ammo boxes (nope, not my ammo. I only have one box, and it's elsewhere). So, wish me luck getting Jeff to de-junk things!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

You guys look great - ready to belt out some country western!