Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blessing Day

October 10th Jeff gave Ashlin her baby blessing. It was such a special day. Both our dad's and a bunch of Ashlin's uncles were in the circle, along with the bishop and 2nd counselor in our ward. Jeff and I both bore our testimonies, and I joked about how Jeff complained about Ashlin's long slick dress, and that he should take it up with my mom since it was the dress I was blessed in. Al lot of people commented on the dress after that. It'll be a great keepsake to give to Ashlin when she's older, and could even give to her future daughter!Me with my Dad and Ashlin


That evening we spent with Jeff's family. That day was also my nephew Calvin's 3rd birthday, so the next night we combined a party for him and Ashlin with my family. We had a big dessert buffet! I had made chocolate cake and brought ice cream. Jen brought a pie, and my mom made an apple crisp and had all sorts of toppings for the ice cream, plus bananas to make banana splits!

No comments: