Monday, February 7, 2011

Long Time No Write

Where to begin? I'm so terrible about updating this. The holidays have come and gone, during most of which I was sick. It started after Thanksgiving. At first I just thought it was hemorrhoids because of having Ashlin. Wouldn't have been the first time. But then things got worse, running to the bathroom several times a day and upset stomach all the time. I finally got in to a gastroenteroligist beginning of January (as he was out of town for the holidays). After a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy, we found out I have ulcerative colitis. Because of the medication the doctor wanted me to start, I weaned Ashlin to formula and a bottle. Thankfully the meds work great! Once I started felling better, I couldn't believe how sick I was! For over a month I was eeking by, just doing the bare minimum. I was finally able to do my housework and take care of my family.
Ashlin is now 6 months, and we just celebrated Alex's 3rd birthday! I'll post some pictures of the party later after I get them from Kiersten, since I forgot to bring our camera. Other than that, I'm keeping busy with my church calling as the Primary secretary. I get to work with a great bunch of women and kids. I took it upon myself to start a blog for our ward's primary. I thought it might be a good way to announce upcoming events and talk assignments. We used to put what was happening for the month in the ward newsletter. But since that calling got switched to someone else, it hasn't been consistent. I wish I knew how to, or what to use to put a calendar on there. There's one on the ward website through lds.org, but you have to have an account to get on, and I just don't know how many people would go look and that one. If anyone has any ideas please fill me in!
Can't think of what else to write, so I'll just post some pictures from the last few months!
11/17/2010 Autumn Decor.

11/23/2010 Alex having fun in the snow!

12/17/2010 Christmas tree and decor.


1/14/2011 Loving brother and sister! Ashlin's 4 months.

3/9/2011 Alex loves to help me with dishes. Mostly so he can splash in the water!
3/9/2011 Happy girl Ashlin! 6 months.

I told Alex to gives sister kisses, and he blows a raspberry instead.

1 comment:

Kauer Family said...

I can't wait to come and see you all! The kiddos are getting so big! Love the photos!