Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Fun

Here's what's been happening since I last posted:

Brotherly Love

Happy girl in her Easter dress.

Black Eye

Playing "Peek-a-boo"

Constantly commented on her RED hair.

Playing outside in the grass.

Loving to swing at the park.

More swinging.

"Higher Daddy!"

"My turn Daddy"

Remembering my inner child.

Our lives have been pretty routine. Jeff's works 4am-11am, Sunday through Thursday. While a lot of his spare time goes to his calling as Scout Master. I'm home with the kiddos mostly and fill my spare time with the duties of my church calling as the Primary Secretary.
My colitis has been flaring up again, and I don't know what it's gonna take for me to stop feeling tired and weak a lot of the time. Alex is now almost 3 1/2, and still refuses to potty train. Ashlin will have her 1st birthday September 6th! In the last couple of weeks, she has finally been getting in her first front bottom teeth, standing on her own and taking her first steps.
After almost a year of academic probation, Jeff will hopefully be able to finish his BA in the spring. He only needs 9 more credits, which would be 3 classes. He also took the public safety test this summer, which went really well. Unfortunately they wont be doing interviews till next spring after then get enough applicants. If all goes as planned/wished, Jeff will get a job with the Richland Police Dept. Then we could use all that extra income to save up sooner for our own place!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

It's so fun to see these pictures now that I know the kids and their personalities a little better. I had fun with them! Too bad they won't remember me by the next time I get there....will have to start all over.

Collin and Joy said...

You know what? I had a dream about you this morning... and I thought. I wonder how they are doing? And then I saw that you had posted a blog.... wonderful! I can check in on you guys!

The kids look wonderful. (so do you.) It looks like you guys have been enjoying your summer. We've had a bit of a slow and not too adventurous one. I'm looking forward to doing "something" this fall.

Hope to see/hear you again soon!

Joy